Power-to-Gas cluster grows to 35 members
In the last months of 2018 we welcomed two new partners in our cluster. We are convinced that these new partners will bring along new ideas and expertise and will create added value in our member group.
The following companies joined the cluster:
- Van Hool: the bus and coach manufacturer, which has already built more than 50 hydrogen buses for the US and the European market and recently announced the largest H2 bus order ever in Europe with another 40 buses for the German cities of Cologne and Wuppertal.
- OCAS: the research centre of Finocas, which is a joint venture between the steel manufacturer Arcelor Mittal and the Flemish Region. OCAS provides steel and metal based products, services and solutions and has specific expertise in the interaction of steel with hydrogen.
With this reinforced cluster we will elaborate the strategy exercise, that we started in 2018, into specific projects this year.
The cluster is always looking forward to new collaborations. Any company active in a part of the power-to-gas value chain (production of renewable energy, hydrogen or gas technology, system integration, applications on hydrogen) is welcome.
What’s on oﬀer?
• Participation in project teams targeting the development of speciﬁc demonstration projects,
• Guidance and advice of the cluster organization (WaterstofNet) of the companies’ own activities on hydrogen,
• Yearly visit to a power-to-gas project abroad or conference,
• Knowledge exchange in quarterly general meetings.
Some of the ﬁrst initiatives:
• Feasibility study for H2-project at solar park Terranova Solar (TNS) completed,
• Project proposals approved by VLAIO, which resulted in ongoing projects for TNS and the Port of Zeebruges,
• Successful visit to Energiepark Mainz or Power-to-Gas Conference in May 2018.
If interested, please contact Isabel François (Isabel.Francois@waterstofnet.eu or +32 478 98 21 40).